Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Saturday, October 24, 2009

The last hurrah...


Bella has been talking about going to Dollywood ever since our last trip there in the spring, so we've been wanting to take her one more time before the baby comes. Last weekend the weather was crummy, and yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, so this morning we loaded up and headed to Pigeon Forge- with a stop for breakfast at Hardees in Greeneville, that's kind of a tradition!

It was cloudy all day, and as the day went on the temperature seemed to drop! Luckily I had taken Bella a sweatshirt and a warm jacket, and I bought her a little pink hat to wear at the gift shop.

Rachel and Ashlyn met us, and the girls rode all the kiddie rides several times, and of course had cotton candy!

She is pretty fearless, and I have to admit that scares me! Kenneth wanted to take her on the ferris wheel, which made me nervous. And I hate nervous people! I will ride pretty much anything, but ferris wheels get me. I hate being stopped at the very top, and I hate that feeling when you start to go down. I was so afraid she would get on it and get scared and hysterical...so I watched with my heart on edge as she climbed in...and squealed with delight each time their car climbed higher! I watched anxiously when they stopped at the top, hoping she wasn't afraid, hoping she was sitting still, hoping nothing crazy happened! And when the wheel began to turn in earnest, she swung by me with a big smile on her face, waving as hard as she could, and then reaching her arms up as if she could touch the sky.

She's only two. How many times will I watch her jump fearlessly into something new, and hope she isn't hurt, or afraid? How many times did my mom wait anxiously for me to cry, and feel that surge of relief when I came running off the ferris wheel with a big smile on my face?

Being a mommy is the best thing ever. But easy? No!

No comments:

Post a Comment