Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Fairy Rainy Halloween...


Ever since I was a kid, I've loved Halloween. My mom and Kay Peterson would pile all us kids in the back of the Peterson's old yellow truck with a cab on it, and haul us from one end of Erwin to the other. We always made a stop in the cemetary, just to get out and walk around for about ten minutes, because we thought that was spooky. I'm sure you'd get arrested for doing that these days!

At the end of the night Rachel and I would dump our candy out on the kitchen floor and sort out the things we didn't like (can anyone say tootsie rolls?!) into a basket for mom and dad. There was always a ton left for us! We got so much, mom usually had to throw some away at Easter before she gave us our Easter baskets.

So I've looked forward to enjoying Halloween with Bella. This year she was a fairy. Or, as she says, "A fairy printhess"! The weather didn't cooperate very well this year, it was rainy all evening. And I have to say, carseats and Halloween costumes do not go well together. I had to really loosen the straps on her carseat for her fluffy costume!

We only went to about nine or ten houses, just family and friends. But pretty much everywhere we stopped, they had fixed her a special treat bag. By the time we were finished, she had a ton of candy! I was going to take her to a couple of streets and let her walk door to door with me, but then the rain picked up, and she already had so much candy, we put on the pj's, stopped by McDonalds, and came home!

Here are some pics of our rainy Halloween!

Going to Memmie Renfro's!



Bella the Fairy and Ashlyn the Elephant at Nana's house, our first stop
of the evening!


Bella trying to take my picture with her play
camera before we left our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment