Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Thursday, October 8, 2009

Apple Fest 2009

This year we got to enjoy the Apple Festival with some of Bella's cousins, Lexie and Aly, who were visiting from out of town. They had a ball getting their faces painted, jumping in the inflatables, and riding the train. It's kind of nice to see the Apple Fest through fresh eyes, especially if you've been pretty much every year of your life, like I have! I have to admit, these days my favorite part is the food! Kenneth and I love the honey roasted pecans and crazy potatoes (with cheese of course!) Bella was happy with a slushy.

My Memmie Renfro lives about three blocks from Main Street, so we always park at her house. It's nice because we don't have to pay, and you know there's a clean bathroom or a free drink there if you need it! This year we began a new tradition. On Friday, we all got together at 4:00 and had a "soup kitchen". Memmie made potato soup and beef stew, my uncle Jeff made a pot of chili and some corn bread, and my sister made some yummy Mexican corn bread. Add mom's homemade apple rings for dessert and it was one of the best meals ever! We all ate till we were about to pop, then headed downtown to shop it off!





1 comment:

  1. That picture of the girls is adorable! Very cool to see my Aly in there :)

    ReplyDelete