Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yes, God cares about the kiddie rides.

Yesterday was our big family adventure to Dollywood. We were packed and ready to go on time, which is a slight miracle when my sis is involved (Love you, Rach!). Despite our punctuality, it didn't look good at first. It rained the whole way there. It sprinkled. It drizzled. It gully-washed. It plain old poured. The closer we got to Pigeon Forge, the darker the sky looked. I was just saying, "Lord, please let it stop raining so these girls can ride the kiddie rides!" I know my mom was in the car behind me doing the same thing!
When we got to Old Mill to park (FYI: you can park for free at Old Mill, ride the trolly to Dollywood for 50 cents, and they drop you off right at the front gate. Saves paying $8 to park in section S and hoofing it 2.5 miles to the gate!) it was still sprinkling rain. By the time we got to Dollywood, it had quit. By the time we walked to the kiddie rides, the sun was out. It stayed out all day, and as soon as we got to our hotel last night, it started raining again.
See, God does care if two little girls get to ride the rides. Thank you, God!
Bella and Ashlyn had a ball riding the rides. We all rode the Carousel together, except my husband who felt it beneath his male dignity. And we all rode the train, which made us all sleepy. It was a perfect day at Dollywood. Not too hot, and virtually no lines. The longest we waited for anything was our lunch!
After we got back to our hotel, the girls played in the pool, then we had an impromptu pizza party in mom and dads room.
I'd like to say this day ended with some extremely refreshing sleep, but this was not the case, at least for me. I was awake most of the night for no apparent reason. But Bella slept good, which is most important. This morning we had breakfast at the Apple Barn. I ate so much. A couple of hours at the outlet malls (where I bought a cute preggo shirt) and we headed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment