Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Thursday, May 14, 2009

Conversations

It is so amazing watching (and listening!) to Arabella learn how to talk! She's gone from making little da-da and by-by sound, to sentence structure at age two! Okay, not very advanced sentence structure, but I'm pretty impressed. For example, I'm swinging her in the swing at my moms yesterday evening before church and she points over to the side of the yard where my dad always burns leaves. And she says, "Momma, wook! Pappaw, weese! Haah!" which translates to "Momma, look! Pappaw, leaves, Hot!". Being her mother, I know she is trying to tell me, look mom, thats where pappaw makes a big hot fire and burns the leaves! Isn't that cool?
Of, course we do have instances where our communication breaks down. Like this evening, when we are in Lowe's buying stain for our front porch and she pretends she doesn't know what it means when I say, "Bella, stay with mommy!". So she goes running off and turns the corner into the great unknown, and here I go after her, speedwalking. FYI: the floors in Lowe's are treacherous. You need cleats for traction in there! DO NOT wear flip flops! Anyway, I come flying around the corner to catch her, my feet go out from under me, and down I go. In a graceful heap. Of course the first thing I think is "I'm pregant! The baby!" But I really didn't fall hard or jar myself badly, I caught myself mostly on my wrist and side, but did get a nasty scrape on my ribcage from the corner of a shelving unit. Ouch! I'm really sore already.
Note to self: wear tennis shoes to Lowe's and keep child in buggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment