Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Friday, April 23, 2010

Bake your cake (twice!) and eat it too!

I am woefully behind on my blog! So lets do a little catching up! This past Friday, April 17th, I had Bella's birthday party at our house. Which means I spent all day Thursday cleaning. I really don't know why, because none of the party guests gave my house the white glove test, and by the time they all left I had to do it all over again! Anyway, we had a really good time.

Bella wanted a Dora the Explorer party this year. Actually, she wanted a "Swiper party, with Dora and Boots!". So I made cupcakes with Dora toppers on them, and a small cake. The cake was an adventure. I took the last cupcakes out of the oven, popped the cake pans in, (two eight inch round cakes) and went about my business. When I checked the cakes a few minutes later, not much was going on. Apparently, out of habit, when I took the cupcakes out I had turned the oven off! I thought, "Maybe if I turn it on really quick, it'll be okay." It wasn't. Off I go to Wally World for another Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix!

It was after midnight by the time I got finished. I had planned on doing something a little more creative than just scrawling "Happy Birthday Bella!" on it, but by 11:30p.m. I was shooting for having a properly baked cake with frosting all over it.



For some reason Bella hates the Happy Birthday song.
This is her typical reaction:


Pinata madness in the playroom!


Opening her gifts.


The weather turned out to be beautiful, so after presents all the kids went outside and played in the yard for a little while. As soon as everyone left, I put Bella down for a nap- she was pooped!



No comments:

Post a Comment