Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Sunday, November 15, 2009

Surprise Baby Shower!

Today my husband's family threw me a surprise baby shower! It was lots of fun, and I was clueless!

Kenneth told me a couple of days ago that his aunt Kathy was having the family up to eat at 3:00 today. So I texted her and asked what the occasion was (cause we usually only get together for holidays or birthdays,etc), and could I bring anything? She replied , "Just bring yourself, just getting together for a family day". Well, I'm not one to pass up a free lunch!

So after church today I went to my moms, but Bella down for a nap, and then had time for a little do-it-yourself hair highlighting- cause I was gettting very rooty! By the time I got finished and woke Bella up and got her ready, it was already three o'clock. I figured, no big deal, they'll start eating without me!

When I got in my car Kenneth sent me a text that said "We are eating at moms instead, more room". Since his mom lives across the street from Kathy, that was no big deal.

When I arrived, Kenneth's mom met me outside and said, "Well, we aren't eating at Kathy's, it's really a baby shower for you!" When I went inside Kenneth's aunts and cousins were waiting to say "Surprise!" They had a beautiful (and yummy!) cake, pizza, chips, and other finger foods.

Baby Abby got three cases (not packs, cases!) of diapers, a case of wipes, a beautiful Vera Bradley diaper bag with matching bottle bag, clothes, teddy bear, socks, etc! And some very thoughtful guest brought Bella a toy camera and a new Tinkerbell DVD, so she didn't feel left out!

I would post pictures, but I don't have any~ I had no idea I was going to a party today, so I didn't have my camera with me! It was a great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment