Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Friday, November 6, 2009

Oh, what fun!

Today I went for my 36 week check up. To be exact, my 36 week and four days check up! I saw Dr. Carter. She tested me for Group B strep. I had it with Arabella, it just means during your labor you get an antibiotic intravenously. Actually, I got two, one for Group B strep and one because of my heart murmur.

And she checked my cervix. I had forgotten just how much fun that is. (And yes, I'm dripping sarcasm here!). She said the baby is head down, and I'm dilated "maybe a fingertip". Hey, it's a start. I'll take it, especially considering that's where I was at forty weeks with Bella!

The (slightly) bad news was that in two weeks I'd gained 4 pounds! The doctor didn't say anything about it, but I sure noticed! To be honest, it's my own doing, I have to admit I'm enjoying the food!

I got quite a few things done today, in addition to my usual Friday chores of dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning toilets, etc. I went to the grocery store, ran my car through the car wash and vacuumed it out, set up the pack-n-play in our room (that's where Abby will sleep, I don't like bassinets too much), wrote some thank you cards, and baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Thats in addition to chasing Bella!

So I am pretty tired now, and my feet are killing me!

As for Bella, she is a little stinker. We are still working on potty training, with limited success. She knows what to do, she just hasn't decided she wants to do it yet. I hope I can really work with her during my maternity leave, once I get on a schedule with Abby.

Right now Bella is obsessed with Dora. She loves Dora the Explorer. And I don't mind her watching it, she is certainly learning from it. The other day I walked through the house and she was counting her blocks in Spanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment