Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Monday, November 30, 2009

Overdue date!

Today my long awaited due date arrived! Sometimes I think it would be better if they didn't give you a due date...that way when it rolls around and the baby isn't here yet, you aren't disappointed!

Kenneth and I went to the doctor this morning at 9:00. We had to wait almost an hour for Dr. Drey, but I loved him! Especially when he said, "Well, today is your due date. Looks like you're still pregnant. What are we going to do about that?" I said, "Lets find the 'eject' button!"

So he checked my cervix, which he said was dilated 'half a centimeter'. He said we could come in pretty much any day this week for an induction. We decided to do it on Wednesday, since Rachel can watch Bella, and Dr. Tally-Horne is working and I like her. So we will check in the hospital tomorrow evening at 5:00p.m. and they will give me Cervadil (sp?), which is a medication to help thin and dilate the cervix. Then Wednesday morning they will start me on Potocin, which causes contractions.

Hopefully Baby Abby will arrive sometime Wednesday afternooon! Needless to day, I took the rest of today off. Now I have plenty of time to double-check my hospital bag and make sure I have everything we need, plus pack those last-minute items like phone chargers!

I can't wait to see her, even though I'm still trying to wrap my mind around having two little girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment