Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Redneck Yard Sale

It doesn't matter if you're in The Ridges or the trailer park, there's something redneck about yard sales. There's just no dignified way to spread your belongings all over your yard (or in my case, garage) and sell them for the most possible profit.

Today my family had our annual summer garage sale at my house. Luckily, my house has a full basement so once we take the cars out of the end that's used for a garage, we have plenty of room- and it's a good thing, cause we have lots of stuff!

Last night my parents, sister, niece, and grandparents all came down to help get ready. My dad provided child care by keeping Bella and Ashlyn occupied, while me, mom, Rachel, and Memmie got things organized on tables and put prices on. This took forever! It was by far the biggest garage sale we've ever had! Two whole tables were devoted to baby girl clothes. Between me and Rachel, we had a zillion to sell, that's not counting the four storage totes I kept for Baby Abby. But most of the clothes wouldn't work, since the seasons are off.

We finally got everything priced and set up ready for business, and I took a shower and put my aching feet to bed! This morning Kenneth, Bella and I were up early to open for business! To be honest, we weren't as busy this year as we usually are. I think because the Tree Streets were having their sale, too. I didn't realize it was this weekend when I planned mine, but oh, well.

We still did very good, I sold several big items I was hoping to sell, like a T.V., Bella's nursery bedding, and a computer. But since we have plenty left, we just left everything where it was and we'll do it again next Saturday to get rid of as much as we possibly can!

One thing is for sure, we eat good when we do yard sales! We always have lots of sandwich stuff, I bought candy bars, Rach brought chicken salad and cookies, and Mom made a pan of brownies! It was a pretty fun day. And I made a good profit to go into "Bella's Mattress Fund" for her big girl bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment