Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Saturday, February 12, 2011

Turning Off the Tube: Part 2

I am happy to say that Bella (and mommy!) survived Day 1 of "Turning off the Tube!" I am trying not to be over-the-top about it, so when she got up this morning and wanted to drink chocolate milk and finish the last 5 or 10 minutes of Sleeping Beauty, I didn't count that against her. But when it was over, I told her, "Mommy will look at the tv schedule on the computer and you can pick one show (30 min) to watch. After that is over, we are turning the t.v. off until after bath time."

So I cooked breakfast for K when he got home from third shift, then the girls and I went downstairs to the playroom while he went to bed. We played a few minutes, then Bella watched her 30 minutes of t.v. Unfortunately, there is no Dora the Explorer on Saturday so Spongebob it was. Anyway. When the half our was up, the t.v. went off.

And it stayed off all day, except for when K turned it on. Oh well. I'm not about to tell the man of the house his thirty minutes of t.v. time are up in the middle of a Wisconsin Badgers basketball game...

So after bath Bella watched some more Sleeping Beauty (we have it memorized now) and then went to bed. Yay!

We can so do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment