Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Saturday, March 5, 2011

Isn't it romantic...


This weekend me and K celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary! Our wedding anniversary is my favorite holiday (except maybe Christmas) because it means we have successfully put up with each other for 365 more days....I'm just kidding. But it is really important to me.
This year I decided we should have an anniversary getaway, so (as he usually does) K went along with it and booked us a cabin in Pigeon Forge called "Eagles View". So we drove down on Thursday as soon as I got off work at ETSU.
Oh, and in case you are wondering, no we did not take Punkin and Precious with us.
Our cabin was definately well named. What a beautiful view from our front deck! It was sooo nice to go out in the chilly mountain air and jump into a luke-warm hot tub. (That dripping sound you hear is my sarcasm). Let me rephrase: Once we called the maintenance people to come adjust the hidden thermostat in the hot tub, it was sooo nice to go out in the chilly mountain air and jump in to a hot tub! The cabin also had a small sauna room that was lots of fun.
We did some shopping, too. I had been saving up my spending money for quite a while, and of course spent the majority of it on the girls. We had a wonderful time, but in the end decided that two nights was just too long to be away from our girls. At least twice an hour one of us said, "Bella would love that", or "Abby would have so much fun doing that".
I think "grown up" time alone is very important, though, so you can reconnect. But our children are an important part of what connects us! One of my very favorite things about being married to K and having children is when they do/say something funny and we just look at each other and smile.
Happy Fifth Anniversary, Sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment