Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Other Sister


I know a lot of my recent posts have mostly focused on Arabella, and all the joys and frustrations that come with being her mom. If Abby could read she'd probably be a little jealous. And it's not that I love her any less. It's just that compared to an almost-three-year-old, well, a newborn is pretty easy.


So I've decided to devote this post to my Abby. The other sister.


She has dark eyes, I believe they will end up brown like her daddy's. And her hair is jet black. She still sleeps a lot, even during the day, and when she is awake she tends to be a little fussy. Even with the soy formula, she tends to get gas on her belly and fuss. She's sleeping five or six hours at a time now at night some nights, which is nice.


Right now, love her heart, she looks a little homely. (Don't you love how it's okay to say anything about someone as long as you preface it with 'love their heart'). Her hair is coming out on the sides and she has 'baby acne', so her little face is all broken out. I call her my little ugly duckling.


Today I found her 'happy place' in our house. Its in the kitchen, in front of the laundry room. (see picture above!) I don't know if it's the color or the noise, but she was happy there for the longest time today. And I got a lot of laundry done!
It's both a relief and a tiny bit of sadness to know that (Lord willing) she will be my last. And with another child to care for it's a lot harder to cuddle as much as you did with the first one. But she is just as precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment