Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Monday, December 24, 2012

What else is new?

.....actually there are lots of new things going on for us right now- the fact that I am woefully behind on blog posts not being one of them. So here is a little catching up!

School:  Bella and I wrapped up our first semester of Kindergarten this past Saturday.  Can I get
 a Hallelujah?  And I have to admit that even though it went well (at least in my opinion!) we were both ready for We are still about 19 or 20 days ahead as far as our curriculum goes, which leaves
us plenty of wiggle room for the spring.  Bella is doing well in all her subjects.  She has memorized several Bible verses and is familiar with most the major characters in the Bible.  She has learned her math addition facts up to a 6, can tell time to the hour, count by 5s and 10s, and we are working on differentiating between those pesky dimes and nickels!  She is reading well, we are up to two-vowel words and working on some special sounds.  She can name all the continents on the map and we are working on the oceans and some of the Seas.

In our deficit column would have to be arts / crafts...sometimes I am really well prepared for this, some days we just paint!

For our last day of school this fall we had "Disney Review Day"....Beauty and the Beast Phonics worksheets, 101 Dalmations math worksheets, and orienteering on our map of Disney using a compass rose.  It was fun!  We followed up with a field trip...not to Disney though!  I took Bella, Abby, and my niece to Candlelight Christmas at Rocky Mount.  They got to learn about how Christmas was celebrated in 1791, and they even tasted ginger bread! (Not the cookie, the bread!)

Out of the Old, into the New
As many of you know we have had our home on the market for quite some time.  I am very, very happy to report that after two broken contracts, the third time was the charm and on Dec 17 we closed!  We are thrilled to be officially homeless! My parents graciously took the four of us in, rearranged their belongings and their privacy, and so we have a place to stay rent free!

I have honestly been surprised at how little any of us miss the old house...My husband was a bit nostalgic about it being "where we brought them home from the hospital"....call me cold but that hasn't bothered me!  I miss them being babies, not so much where they were babies!  And the girls haven't asked to go home at all....which is really a no brainer considering they loooove being with Nana and Pappaw.  Our old home was very nice, and I was so thankful for it, but I was so ready to move for so long, I can honestly say I do not miss it.

Now, on to the new!  We were prepared to stay here and wait out the perfect home -knowing that this time of year there isn't a lot on the market.  But, through a friend of a friend of my dads, we may have already found our next new home!  I don't want to jinx it, so no more on that now.  I will try to update when I know more or if things become official

No comments:

Post a Comment