Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hot Dog! Its the Fourth of July!

I have to admit I always feel a vague forboding as the 4th of July approaches...not because I'm afraid I'll eat too much (check!), or that at least once during the annual Ayers/Edmonds fireworks display I will fear for my safety (check!), but because it seems once the 4th comes and goes, summer is almost over.

All said and done, we had a great time. Here are some pics:

Me, Bella, and Abbigail at the Jonesborough 4th Parade.
We go every year, although K had to work this year so
Nana went with us. Bella loved the horses, but thought
the marching band was too loud. Abbigail love the snow
cone we ate while we waited!

Sweet cousins! Bella, Kaley, and Aly had a great
time running, playing, and lighting sparklers!



Ashlyn and Bella cool off at Nana's before my
family's cook out.





Bella, Abbigail, and Ashlyn in the patriotic outfits!



Abbigail plays corn hole with Memmie Miller





Other notables that I did not get pics of were the fireworks! When I was a kid my sister and I were thrilled with a few Roman candles, some bottle rockets, and a sparkler. My husbands family, however, buys the kind of fireworks that look like mortar shells! They seem to get better each year, and the whole neighborhood comes out to watch. Freedom Hall? Please!


Another memorable event was my niece, Ashlyn, singing "God Bless America" for us at my moms cookout. She remembers the entire first verse and chorus, and does such a great job!


"God Bless America, my Home Sweet Home".









No comments:

Post a Comment