Counting small miracles. Expecting large blessings.



Saturday, June 13, 2009

Things I learned from the Dollywood excursion!

Yesterday my husband and I took our two year old daughter and three year old neice, Ashlyn, to Dollywood for the day. It was our first all-day outing with two little ones and boy, was it educational! Here are some of the things I learned:
1. Never schedule an outing after an OB-GYN visit. Even though I've never had to wait more than twenty or thirty minutes for a check-up (during either pregnancy) , of course the day we have plans Dr. Lewis is running behind. I waited 55 minutes to be put in a room. I think the nurse saw I was frustrated and was apologizing. I explained (politely) that normally I wouldn't mind waiting so long, but my husband was in the car with two little ones. She came back in a few minutes and said there were two nurse practitioners there if I wanted to see one. I told her I would see anyone who was qualified! At this point I was about to tell them to give me the stinking Doppler and I'd find the baby's heart beat! So after an hour and 15 minute wait I saw a N.P. for an exam that lasted three minutes. Literally. Babys heart rate was 164, which says girl to mo!
2. It's totally worth the $15 to rent a double stroller. That was the best money I spent all day! The rental strollers are low to the ground and the girls could climb in and out by theirselves. They also have enough room to stretch out and nap- not that they did, but they could have.
3. Never plan on riding a ride once. Especially the carousel. You might as well get off and go right back to the line.
4. By three o'clock in the afternoon, all the kids are grumpy! No one is going to notice yours being whiny or pitching a fit. They are all doing it!
5. Its okay to use the handicap bathroom stall. I admit I've occasionally felt a little guilty using the handicap stall, just in case someone who really needs it were to come it. With two little ones, you pretty much have to. By the time you all cram in to a regular stall, some one is getting stepped on and its impossible not to touch things they shouldn't be touching!
6. It is possible to see a show. You just have to make sure they're really tired, and provide juice and kettle corn as a snack! We sat through a 30 or 45 min show and the girls did great!
7.It's really fun. Okay, it is more stressful keeping your eye on two! Sometimes they want to go in different directions. And it's harder, you have twice the stops for diapers and potty and snacks and juice....but then when they are laughing together and having a ball, its totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment